PDA

View Full Version : Got some mainlines built in the new bush

ennismaple
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
We got some work done on the new mainlines in our new bush over the weekend. The snow's about knee deep but it's easy walking. We figured out where our mainlines are going for this year's work plus a lot of what we'll have ready for next year. One section of mainline had to crest a hill and ended up pretty high so we'll have to install a couple of sap ladders to get the 100+ taps in that "bowl".

I've uploaded a bunch of pics to Photobucket:

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r155/ennism/2008%20New%20Sugar%20Bush/

We managed to put up about 800' of steel and installed 4 corner posts with anchors. We build our mainlines REALLY strong. We use old hydro poles at the corners and anchor them back to an anchor rod through a slug (one pic shows one in the bucket of the backhoe). Our steel is 1/4" multi strand guy wire. We couldn't break it with the 1 ton come-along if we tried. We plan to finish up the mainline steel and get the tubing up 2 weekends from now. I'll try to take more pics of our progress.

Dave Y
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
ennis,
Looks like you are have fun with that equipment. keep the Pics coming!

jemsklein
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
wow looks awsome were did you get the toys from

ennismaple
01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
wow looks awsome were did you get the toys from

My father's owns his on electrical contracting business - he builds hydro lines for a living.

peacemaker
01-23-2008, 10:41 AM
someone mentioned jobs in some other thread for installing tubing and such anyone have any info looking for a new other job ...