PDA

View Full Version : Safe not safe and lesson learned.

Ultimatetreehugger
03-06-2022, 10:21 AM
A lesson learned. Friday I was parked on the side of the road with my Polaris Ranger 1000 with tracks. I saw my neighbor coming down the road, waved and climbed up the ladder a few feet away. Seconds later he had fallen asleep in his truck and hit my sidexside. Knocking it into the tree infront of it. Inches from the ladder I was on. His truck did a 180 and rolled over an embankment. Happily nobody was hurt, but dam was it a close call.
Be safe out there and think ahead. Catastrophe can come in a blink of an eye.

fisheatingbagel
03-06-2022, 11:41 AM
Omg, you were lucky! That could of ended up so differently. Good job staying alert!

VTnewguy
03-06-2022, 11:55 AM
Dang! Glad to hear everyone is safe!

bigschuss
03-06-2022, 01:07 PM
Glad you are OK.

Did your neighbor fall asleep or have a medical emergency? Falling asleep at the wheel after 12 hours on the road on a long boring highway at 2 AM is one thing. Hard to imagine somebody falling asleep at the wheel on a Vermont back road in broad daylight?

Ultimatetreehugger
03-06-2022, 10:07 PM
We are old friends and we have been checking on him every day. I'm pretty sure he fell asleep. His first accident ever after driving 55 years!

MISugarDaddy
03-07-2022, 05:13 AM
Glad it didn't turn out differently. My father-in-law started having issues driving and it was deemed necessary to take his keys away from him before he hurt/killed someone. Hopefully that isn't the case with your neighbor.
Gary