PDA

View Full Version : plastic food grade buckets

gmcooper
01-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know if Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortins have empty food grade pails anymore. Dunkin used to sell them then one manager stopped it. I haven't checked. A young kid wants to make a little syrup. Has about 20-30 taps easy on big trees. I told them I have spiles he can use but I'm out of good buckets. There is a McD's with pickle buckets but I didn't want them to spend the rest of winter getting pickle flavor out of buckets.
Thanks Mark

MR Electrician
01-22-2008, 11:18 AM
go talk to the local timmies owner or manager tell them why you want them they will probably be happy to give them to you if not sell them .
or home depot has them for sale for a couple of bucks.

Russell Lampron
01-22-2008, 11:26 AM
I got 5 gallon buckets that Feta cheese came in from the local Market Basket supermarket. Just had to ask the deli manager. I also got some iceing buckets from Sams Club when my former son in law worked there. The handles on the iceing buckets are easier on the hands.

Russ

firetech
01-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Contact your local bakery.Fat Tuesday is coming soon and they will have 3 and 5 gal pails. Enjoy the pzukis. I called three this am and each of them is saving me 20-25 and I'm willing to pay a $1 each.

davey
01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I have also had luck at grocery stores that have a bakery. At our local dunkin doughnuts, I stopped in at night and spoke to the baker. He then left them next to the dumpster for me instead of throwing them away.

maple flats
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
One year I got several from the local Walmart bakery (icing buckets with lids) They were about 3 1/2 gal size with good handles and they were free.

jemsklein
01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
when i used to work at tim hortons i all was use to take them home or for you to get them you can say that they are for a childrens camp and they will save them for you and probly give you some coffee for the good deed