PDA

View Full Version : maple syrup sign

jemsklein
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM
ok well here is this sign i just finished in wood shop and i think it looks great
what do you think
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/jemsklein1116/?action=view&current=DSCF0750.jpg

Fred Henderson
01-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Looks good. What kind of wood did you use?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Looks good, if you need practice, you can make me one too!

Just kidding! Good to see someone your age take so much pride in their work! Keep up the good work and good luck this coming season with all the improvements.

jemsklein
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Looks good. What kind of wood did you use?

i used pine that is all we have at school so you work with what you got

jemsklein
01-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Looks good, if you need practice, you can make me one too!

Just kidding! Good to see someone your age take so much pride in their work! Keep up the good work and good luck this coming season with all the improvements.

i would make you one but i only got 2 days left of class until exams and then i dont have wood shop untill next year

Fred Henderson
01-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Pine will last a long time outside, just put some linseed oil on it every few years.

NH Maplemaker
01-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Nice looking sign, I bet it will help you sell a lot of syrup!!

mountainvan
01-22-2008, 08:18 AM
That is a beautiful sign. You should get an a ++++ for the maple leaf alone. If you ever get in the position to make more leafs I'll buy a couple.

peacemaker
01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
very nice job ... (and this is coming from a fine woodworker who has had a shop since i was 8 and have 30 years exp.. ) if u havent already coat that baby with 3 coats of waterlox marine finish and she will be there for years to come ... and did u fret saw that or hand coping saw ?

jemsklein
01-22-2008, 06:11 PM
very nice job ... (and this is coming from a fine woodworker who has had a shop since i was 8 and have 30 years exp.. ) if u havent already coat that baby with 3 coats of waterlox marine finish and she will be there for years to come ... and did u fret saw that or hand coping saw ?

peacemaker i used a fret saw to cut the a's o's p's and r's and used a spindle sander to sand it all or for the other letter i used a band saw and hand sanded it and i just put the second layer of waterlox marine finish i can only put one coat on a class cuz it takes an hour to do one coat with all the corners and stuff butt im hopping to put 2 more

andyp
01-22-2008, 07:40 PM
That is one beautiful sign, nice work.

Andyp

Maplewalnut
01-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Jemsklein

Tell me when your taking orders, I'll be your first customer. Nice job

peacemaker
01-23-2008, 10:24 AM
nice i love the waterlox i use spray all my work but when i changed shops many years ago i lost my booth so i started trying different rub on finishs and found waterlox which i use to use on all our ext doors and bamm i was hooked one coat and it beads right up ... i have a ext door i made 10 years ago i still drive by it and its still as new looking as when i made it ..

jemsklein
01-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Jemsklein

Tell me when your taking orders, I'll be your first customer. Nice job

well im not taking orders yet cuz i don't have the tools but i might run acrose something that might work but when i do i will keep you in mind