PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal?

backyardsugarer
01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
I can get an 800 gallon vacuum tank for $800. Is that about the right price?

Chris

802maple
01-21-2008, 03:15 PM
If it is a vacuum tank it is a good deal.

MR Electrician
01-21-2008, 04:50 PM
whats it made of ?
what was it used for ?
can it be cleaned and made food grade safe.
and how much is it going to cost you to move it .

answer those questions and well tell you if its a good deal. :rolleyes:

backyardsugarer
01-21-2008, 06:36 PM
It is stainless, used for sap. It has all the gaskets and fittings needed. It is a 2 hour trip and I will have to pick it up with my trailer. In comparing prices it seems like a decent price.

Chris

MR Electrician
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
buddy better get in yr truck and get it thats pretty close to scrap mettal price
and when you give him the money remember to say thanks many times as he is giving it away

jemsklein
01-21-2008, 07:15 PM
yah that is a dam good deal go for it

maplecrest
01-22-2008, 05:57 AM
vac tanks are great, two things to think about. one sunset tanks no higher than 20 inches of vac, and sap tends to heat up in a vac tank. so if you used it as a large releaser with a float switch and pump, you should be fine. i have a sunset that i used that way for years before i switched to a gills benard 6000 horizonal. using it as a releaser and only let it get up to about 100 gallons before emptying it. no problem with too much heat but the sap did get warm. you could smell the heat in the sap on a warm day. made darker syrup

backyardsugarer
01-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I have a verbal deal. I am going to get it in the next weekend.

Chris

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Chris,

Good to see ya back! Are you adding vac on your trees and what else is going on with you??

backyardsugarer
01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Brandon,

I am taking over an operation of about 2,500 taps. It is all on tubing (gravity feed) at this point but I want to put one of the hills on Vac. and increase the production. I have spent a lot of time in the woods fixing lines and running new main lines. I am very curious about vac. and how much it increases production. If it is successful I will add Vac. to the three other locations next year.

You must be getting ready down by you. You are always one of the first ones to get going. Great pictures by the way, I had a chance to check them out a while back. I will get some posted of my new set up as soon as I get it looking good.

Chris