PDA

View Full Version : Atlas copco gvs 16a

Bigsky
02-19-2022, 07:23 PM
Hey, anyone out there using this vacuum pump? I need to know if this pump will work on 2000 ft of 1” main line with around 400 taps on 5/16. Land is flat no slope. They say they will do 11 cfm’s but they look like a suitcase. Trying to pull sap into a Bnr double mechanical releaser. Any input would be appreciated.

Kh7722
02-19-2022, 08:33 PM
Not sure on that actual pump but we use a 13cfm on 1200 and get 27+ inches of vac with no problem.
Id feel confident running this on 2000 taps if the leaks are kept up with.
For reference we have 3000’ of 1” and an wet dry with 1.5” over 1.25”.

eagle lake sugar
02-20-2022, 02:42 PM
I have the 70 cfm Atlas Copco on about 3400 taps with 20,000 ft. of mainline and 60,000 ft. of 5/16 and I run 27" of vacuum after fixing all of the leaks. They're great pumps. I have another 1050 taps on a cdl oil sealed vane pump and that works good as well.

Bigsky
02-20-2022, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the input! I did end up purchasing this pump. Just need to figure out an exhaust pipe. And we’ll see what she’ll do in the next few days.

Bigsky
02-14-2024, 05:58 PM
Anybody have any advise or pictures of how the have there exhaust piped? I am getting lots of condensation running down my exhaust and into my oil. I am running a atlas copco gvs16a.

Walling's Maple Syrup
02-17-2024, 06:50 PM
Anybody have any advise or pictures of how the have there exhaust piped? I am getting lots of condensation running down my exhaust and into my oil. I am running a atlas copco gvs16a.
Your exhaust shouldn't be going uphill. It should be pitched downhill from exhaust.
Neil

Bigsky
02-18-2024, 07:09 AM
Neil, thanks for the reply. I guess I should have asked my question a little differently. I understand that it should be pitched downward, but where I bought the pump from they told me to use black metal pipe and just use two elbows one at the end of a straight pipe that comes out of exhaust port and then another four inch straight piece then and elbow facing down. I guess my question is can I use a different material for my exhaust? Something that I can manipulate downward (slightly) like pvc. Thanks again.

Walling's Maple Syrup
02-18-2024, 05:13 PM
Neil, thanks for the reply. I guess I should have asked my question a little differently. I understand that it should be pitched downward, but where I bought the pump from they told me to use black metal pipe and just use two elbows one at the end of a straight pipe that comes out of exhaust port and then another four inch straight piece then and elbow facing down. I guess my question is can I use a different material for my exhaust? Something that I can manipulate downward (slightly) like pvc. Thanks again.

The reason they told you black iron is because exhaust gets rather warm, especially if you have leaks and there is more air moving across pump. I used black iron for the elbow and extended it with a 6" nipple, then went to PVC using a fernco. After the first few inches the heat dissipates and PVC is fine. I run Becker rotary vane pumps, but they are similar
Neil

Bigsky
02-19-2024, 04:48 PM
Neil, txs again for the help. I will pick up a fernco Hopefully that will help me get that exhaust condensation going the correct way.
Bigsky