PDA

View Full Version : Arduino programming help needed

Bricklayer
02-15-2022, 08:01 AM
Just wondering if there was anybody out there that could help
Me with a couple bugs I’m having with the programming on my RO controls.
I had a guy that worked for me last year design and program the controls for my RO to run off arduino.
He no longer works for me and I can’t get a hold of him
I finally put it all together and it works amazing. But am having 1 slight issue with my pressure switch and would like to see if there is a way to get around it with changing the coding on the arduino.

darkmachine
02-15-2022, 09:13 AM
No promises I can help but I have worked with Arduino. There is anothwr guy on here too that might have more experience, he sells a barometric compensating drawoff.

darkmachine
02-15-2022, 09:18 AM
I guess I should ask if it's a logic issue you have or a sensor input issue?

Bricklayer
02-15-2022, 11:54 AM
The arduino Dosnt seem to like my mechanical pressure switch.
When the high pressure pump kicks on it drops the pressure for like a micro second. Not even noticeable on the indicator lamp. And the arduino picks it up and shuts the system down.
Also think the pressure switch is providing to much resistance since it’s built for 120v.
The low voltage arduino signal seems to go a little wacky going through the switch.
I’ve ordered an low voltage pressure transducer. So if I can somehow get that to work should be good.

darkmachine
02-15-2022, 01:01 PM
I have a "bounce" in my RO and it's just a relay between the feed and high pressure pump. Just a suggestion, but maybe you could do a counting loop once the pressure hits the right spot, that might give it the delay it needs so the pressure fluctuation doesn't throw it off, so once the high pressure pump cuts on make it stay on for say 5 seconds before it starts sampling the pressure, either that or instead of a set pressure, implement it so that as long as the pressure is in a range, like 60 psi to cut on, but allow a drop or increase of 2 psi without cutting out.

Jacob

markgm
02-16-2022, 08:57 AM
I'm curious what pressure switch you are using. I made and sell a device that controls an RO pump (my motive for creating it was to allow for unattended recirculating, but it works for folks that don't as well), but I use a flow meter instead of a pressure switch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCiWZ4yCpJU&t

Bricklayer
02-17-2022, 12:22 PM
Just a standard pressure switch. Adjustable from 0-30 psi. When set pressure is reached the switch closes and lets current through. It’s just very sensitive. And for a split second when the high pressure pump kicks in the pressure drops. Not even detectable on the light I have wired to the switch. Can’t even see it blink. But the arduino catches it and shuts system down.
I’ve wired in a N0 momentary switch so that when I start the high pressure pump I hold the switch and it bypasses the switch while I turn pump on. Seems to work good now.

darkmachine
02-17-2022, 04:42 PM
holding the start switch down is the solution i am using on mine, but i don't have a microcontroller on mine, just a relay, and the well pressure switch.

Bricklayer
02-21-2022, 11:14 AM
With a flow meter or pressure switch. There is still a slight drop in flow and pressure drop when the second pump kicks in. Just for a split second.
I have a 5v digital pressure switch that I would like to use instead of the mechanical pressure switch. I could then have it take measurements of pressure every second and once pressure drop is stable for say 2 seconds it shuts system off.
I’m going to use what I have for this comming season because I don’t have the time right now to experiment with something new. I have an extra momentary switch wired in now to hold while I start up the high pressure pump once pressure is reached. It just bypasses the pressure switch while holding it in to let the system get up to pressure.

suitsandladders
02-24-2022, 08:58 AM
Do you have copy of the code? Unfortunately Arduino's don't let you pull code from them so without the original code copy there isn't anything you can do on the program side. Sounds like all that is missing is a simple debounce timer in the program.

DiWe
03-15-2022, 04:14 AM
Having a code is very important!

----------------------------------------------
Coding for kids (https://qrangers.com/courses/introduction-to-coding-3/) begins with the fundamentals and progresses to the development of core coding skills. They will also be able to learn the fundamentals of design and how to create their own personal custom video game project.