PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Ohio 2022

RC Maple
02-13-2022, 11:39 AM
This is looking like a favorable week to get things going. I've been working at getting things ready so I can just load up the truck when it's time to go and be ready back here when I get the sap home. More work to do today...anyone else getting started in NW Ohio?

clw
02-13-2022, 02:36 PM
Wednesday and Thursday looks promising for sap, I’m thinking about tapping before that.

buckeyeboy
02-13-2022, 07:14 PM
I'm looking at Wed.if the forecast holds up,still got a little more to do to be ready.

clw
02-15-2022, 03:22 PM
We tapped on Tuesday, Feb 15, in north central Ohio. About half the taps were dripping a little. 33* and very sunny.

RC Maple
02-15-2022, 04:10 PM
I was thinking today or tomorrow to tap but now we have a flood watch for Wednesday through Thursday. I have taps in areas that wouldn't benefit from up to 2" of rain on frozen ground and the ice jams on the crick that may come with it. I hate to pass on a 50+ degree day coming off a good freeze but I may see what the weekend brings...

Ed R
02-15-2022, 05:27 PM
Supposed to be some wind too. I'm waiting, I hate chasing buckets and covers. Don't like rain at the 1st tap either. If you are on tubing go for it.

RC Maple
03-10-2022, 08:04 AM
I'm still a ways from wanting to be done. Hoping for a change in the forecast. We'll get some sap today and tomorrow, then early next week. All I hear is how everyone is bummed it won't be warm like last weekend. I want to tell everyone I want it to stay colder for another few weeks but then I'd have to explain why so I just smile and keep quiet.