PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre 2x5 arch questions

Kcorey
02-12-2022, 05:55 PM
Hello all. I have a Lapierre 2x5 evaporator. It has the split front door arch , and with the blower this thing just blows ashes out everywhere! Even with the blower dialed way down. Has anyone made more of a airtight front door for there arches? Any pictures and suggestions much appreciated!

Sugarbush Ridge
02-13-2022, 01:58 PM
More smoke stack. At least 10' for more draft or even more. On mine I shut blower off when adding wood. 2'x8',,, with 16' plus the transmission box for a total of 20'+. Might even try laying some bricks over the very front of grates

ecolbeck
02-13-2022, 08:12 PM
I had similar challenges when I used a blower on my arch. Ash and sparks went everywhere all the time. I've got close to 20 ft of chimney for a 5 ft evaporator so I'm not sure more chimney would help your situation. I tried to seal up some cracks with high temp caulking but ash was still an issue. You may just have to dial the blower back even more until the problem is tolerable.

darkmachine
02-13-2022, 09:05 PM
We welded up an airtight door for our 2x6 arch, we still get a spark here and there, but we only have 12' of chimney, the blower does the rest. without a gasket on the door it would just blow fire, ash, and sparks everywhere. One time we had an ash and smoke problem and found that the damper in the chimney had fallen closed(i know no need for damper, but it was more of a hassle to take it out than to just wire it open).

Kcorey
02-17-2022, 05:48 AM
I Ended up making a airtight door. I will post some pictures this evening. Hopefully boil with it this weekend, pretty confident it will help with the ash problem .