PDA

View Full Version : pan gasket

PA mapler
01-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Does anyone have an opinion on what's best to use for pan gaskets? Last year I used up my roll of 1/2" x 2" fiberglass pan gasket, but I'd like to try the braided stuff that I see in the hardware store. It won't get ruined like the fluffy stuff everytime you move the pans, but does it seal the gap as well? Thanks!

royalmaple
01-19-2008, 10:35 AM
You can get the braided pan gasket from the maple dealers, mapleguys should have some. It is much more durable. It's like 1.5-2 inches wide and just buy the linear feet you need to go all the way around.

RileySugarbush
01-19-2008, 04:05 PM
The braided gasket works well for me. Since it is against the pans it doesn't get as hot as it would on a door. I used a pop rivet every 10" or so to keep it in place when you move pans on and off.

Sugarmaker
01-19-2008, 04:38 PM
I have only used the braided round gasket material and it is good for a couple years and then if you move the pans off the arch it may be junk. I have replaced mine once in 7 years. Not disturbing the pans seems to work for me. If the pans are coming off for cleaning the bottoms and or repair I usually need to replace some or all of the gasket if it has been a season or two. It gets a little brittle with age. I have used the liquid glue for stoves to stick it in place on the arch rails then set the pans on.

Chris