PDA

View Full Version : Busch sv 1025 dry pump anyone ever tried?

Rselleck91
01-26-2022, 04:10 PM
Hey guys, I just got a good deal on a Busch dry pump sv1025 seems to function nicely after testing. Just curious if any of you guys have tried one of these sv series pumps. This one is 1.25hp 17.8 cfm and I’m planing on running 700 taps on a mechanical releaser unless I get a good deal on a electric before season. My old pumps motor went out end of last season and the shaft seals were letting go so trying something else and will go through that one eventually. Just curious on “ of vac to expect safely on a tight system. I heard these dry pumps are not capable of high vac? I’d be super happy with 25” was getting 28” but it was about all the pump could handle as a 8cfm pump.

I took a fuel pressure and vacuum gauge wrapped some poly plastic around the gauge stem and touched it up to the intake and pulled 22” with leaks obviously. Pump has 3/4” inlet outlet fittings.
I know it’s a dry pump…..stupid question anyone ever add a flood system to one to seal it up a little tighter and cooler?

I may run and get some threaded pipe tonight and make a legit intake with check valve and vacuum gauge to a moisture trap…………do you even need a check valve on a dry pump???????