PDA

View Full Version : Passing of a sugar maker and friend

minehart gap
01-19-2022, 08:03 PM
I am sorry to post of the passing of Pat Mihailov earlier this month. Pat had this great ability to notice and remember things. I know I had called him with a question about my tubing system years after he had seen it but he remembered specific little things that I didn't even pay attention to. As a Lapierre dealer, he would constantly be getting calls from sugar makers and it seemed to me that he knew there systems as well as he knew his own whether it was in the woods or in the shack and be able to help with about any problem usually with a common sense answer.
I will greatly miss the conversations and his wealth of knowledge and experience.

Pdiamond
01-20-2022, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear this Matt, he must have been a very good friend for you. I will make sure to include him and his family, and you in my prayers tonight.

mapleack
01-21-2022, 08:46 AM
Shame to hear. He was very helpful as a lapierre dealer a couple years ago when i needed RO repairs.
-Andy

Sugarmaker
01-22-2022, 08:16 AM
Pat will be missed in the maple community of North Western PA and beyond. I asked Pat the first time I was in his sugar house why he bought such a big evaporator and he said he never wanted to have to buy another!
Regards,
Chris