PDA

View Full Version : Mainline differences

ctjim
01-18-2022, 08:14 PM
Curious about the difference in main line. I see 2 versions and the cost is a big difference. I've used the 30p previously and I'm in the process of building out a new property and was considering getting some of the leader hd to save on some of the cost. Wondering how hard is it to work with as opposed to the "regular " I'm guessing is stiffer and more like the black water line?

tcross
01-19-2022, 06:22 AM
i have a mixture and you're assumption is correct. I only get the 30p now. the 30p is by far easier to work with and the hd handles just like black water pipe. The HD is less money but you have to use all stainless fittings with it or you'll be fighting leaks. the 30p grips just about anything well and doesn't have good coil memory so it's much easier to work with. I do most of my work in the woods/on my lines in the winter time, making the hd even more rigid. so i'll gladly pay the extra money for the 30p!

ecp
01-19-2022, 07:19 AM
If you are limited to Leader products only 30p is better. Personally I wouldn't recommend anything other than the CDL spin seal pipe. I have used every band out there and that is the best bang per dollar for a quality product.

collinsmapleman2012
01-19-2022, 07:37 AM
have run both the 30p and the last 2 years have been running just the leader HD pipe. very happy with it, especially this year they redesigned it, will have about 12,000 ft of it up in all sizes 1-2" soon. actually very similar to Lapierre mainline that i have used, they even look the same. i already planned on doing stainless fittings, so that wasn't as much of an issue for me. only thing nicer about 30p to me is the visibility of the sap in the line. I have been using 30p as the whips on my dryline connections just for that reason, faster leak checking.