PDA

View Full Version : Predictions?

powerdub
02-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Here is your chance all you that dare to guess how the season is going to be. I'll stick my neck out first. In my area I think it will be a long season with above average sap flow and average sugar with the outcome being above average. (Not too optimistic am I). Any one else care to add thier two cents?

mapleman3
02-22-2003, 09:34 PM
well funny you ask... they are saying around here that it will be a banner year!!(ma.) also even Paul Harvey on the radio talked of a great maple sugar season oddly enough, well I'm ready and waiting for it... its raining today with a freeze all next week....when can I tap.... 8O

Jim

syrupmaker
02-22-2003, 10:05 PM
I asked an old timer in town his thoughts on how the maple season might turn out this year. His replie with a smerk on his face was ( ASK ME AT THE END OF APRIL I'LL KNOW MORE THEN ) But i'm also gonna shoot for a productive year. I guess i'll know more at the end of april

Salmoneye
02-27-2003, 12:29 PM
So far...it is 2/27...Long range forecast for the Burlington, VT area is no above freezing temps till after 3/15...

It is going to come hard, fast and short...
The trees will literally pour the sap out and will run all night (like they did one run last year)...I am expecting absolutely no sleep between 3/20 and 3/28...

I am expecting no Fancy whatsoever...Average amount (quart/tap)total...All Amber and lower...

Skydar
02-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Usually start around March 15th here, but last year was alot of small runs starting a month early... I'm guessing hard & fast this year peaking late in March.....