PDA

View Full Version : Contest Rules

emericksmaple
01-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey guys I need some help. We are looking to revamp the rules for our Maple King contest at the Pennsylvania Maple Festival to try to encourage more people to get involved. At the moment to win the title of maple king you have to enter 11 classes that include. Class 1- gal, Class 2- 1/2 gal, Class 3 is didvied into 3: A light amber, B medium amber, C dark amber, Class 4 candy, Class 5 Crystal coated candy, Class 6 Spread, Class 7 Sugar, Class 8 Collecters Exhibit, Class 9 Gift Pack. To win you have to have the highest amount of points between the classes to win. But people do not like to make the crystal coated candy or other things. So I guess what I am asking is if any of you have a contest like this close to you; how is it judged? What if one person does not enter a class? do you award him a low amount of points? I would even like to see copies of your rules if possible. Thanks!!

Maple Restoration
02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi emericksmaple Mike here I site on the board for our local agricultural society fall fair we have two classes one is for commercial producers and one for hobbyist, for the commercial producers they must provide syrup one of every grade, spreads, and candy. As for the hobbyist they are graded only the syrup they provide no mater the grade and they are jugged on the clarity and presentation in this class. Everything is jugged on an individual basis for each entry.