PDA

View Full Version : 3/16 Tube Availability

bryankloos
11-09-2021, 08:57 AM
Hey all,

I just looked at Bascom and see they don't have 3/16 tubing???
Is this going to be a problem for the season, or just transitory local supply...

Thanks,

Bryan

craigwade2005
11-09-2021, 04:19 PM
According to my local CDL store it sounds like the availability of resin could have an effect on tubing availability for the upcoming season sadly.

bryankloos
11-10-2021, 08:15 AM
Hmmm....

I've used the Leader Max Flow 3/16 the past two years. I don't see it available anywhere.
I can find CDL semi-rigid 3/16 currently available.
Can anyoe tell me the big difference between the two lines?

I was thinking baout swapping out all my lines this year, but may hold off now.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

GeneralStark
11-10-2021, 08:36 AM
My local friendly CDL store/dealer informed me that CDL will not be producing 3/16 tubing/fittings anymore so once they sell all the stock of tubing and fittings that they have that will be it....

Bascom Maple Farms
11-10-2021, 08:42 AM
We are working on getting more in, multiple shipments have been delayed. But we may have some more Leader 3/16" here by the end of this week.

fred
11-10-2021, 12:28 PM
My local friendly CDL store/dealer informed me that CDL will not be producing 3/16 tubing/fittings anymore so once they sell all the stock of tubing and fittings that they have that will be it....

100% not true per Martin Chabot. CDL is making and will continue to make 3/16. stock is rolling in at all locations. If a dealer ordered it they will have it. If they dont want to sell it, thats a different story.

GeneralStark
11-10-2021, 07:44 PM
100% not true per Martin Chabot. CDL is making and will continue to make 3/16. stock is rolling in at all locations. If a dealer ordered it they will have it. If they dont want to sell it, thats a different story.

That's great news if it is correct.... I tend to trust Holly in St. Albans and what she says but perhaps I misunderstood what she told me.

fred
11-11-2021, 07:38 AM
If she cant get you what you need let me know, i'll help you out.

Sugar Bear
11-12-2021, 07:28 AM
While the virus and its devastation exists for one reason or another, It seems to me that a lot of product availability these days is based on a business model rather then a crippled supply chain.

I.E. If we slow/halt production of our product we create a desperation effect in our consumer pool. When we put our product back on the market we can charge more for it and make more and since the consumer is in in a state of desperation they will pay more for it and become accustom to paying more for it.

Its dirty and shows no national boundaries but it is legal and more basic then anything Adam Smith had to say or prove, and has been going on since the beginning of currency.

Not saying and have no idea if it is going on with the 3/16th tubing, but I know for fact that it is going on in other areas.

When I sense it is going on I try to take a different path for good such that I may teach the MF's a lesson they won't soon forget.

I wish all would do the same such that the MF's would really be taught a lesson.

buckeye gold
11-24-2021, 09:04 AM
I am certainly glad this thread showed up earlier. I wasn't busy today and after reading this thread again thought I'd get a materials list ready so I could start working on lines soon. So I called my dealer to order and found out they had very little leader 3/16th in stock. Lucky me, I got the last they had in stock. So I can at least make repairs, but I may not have enough to make new drops this year. Thankfully they were all new last year. Even some fittings are in short supply they said. Bottles supply isn't great, but they said they are getting what they need for now. I think producers better be deciding what they need and get your orders in before season.