PDA

View Full Version : Sugarhill jugs

Mark
10-27-2021, 12:38 PM
Anyone know how far behind Sugarhill is producing the silk screened jugs? They are telling me it is 54 weeks but talking to another person he said now way and some are getting them much quicker..

Brian
10-27-2021, 07:26 PM
The jugs we ordered last feb -march just came in. Hope the order from aug. comes in around the beg. of sugaring or so.

Tmeeeh
10-28-2021, 06:20 AM
We ordered in April from Bacon Jug. They said 3 months. That was 6 months ago. Talked to someone who picked some up yesterday. No clue about who gets them and who doesn't

GeneralStark
10-28-2021, 09:24 AM
Anyone know how far behind Sugarhill is producing the silk screened jugs? They are telling me it is 54 weeks but talking to another person he said now way and some are getting them much quicker..

Are you talking about Sugarhill jugs that have been custom printed with your design/artwork or with generic design/artwork?

I looked into transitioning to Sugar Hill this summer as the Ampak availability became uncertain. Fortunately that didn't play out and I have been able to get Ampak.

I use custom stickers on blank jugs. Sugar Hill blanks are available but I was told by Sugar Hill that they were not taking any more custom printing accounts for the time being, and generic jugs, depending upon the design or printing, were months out.

So, what people are saying about obtaining jugs likely depends on exactly what product they are using and referring to.... and if they have had an account with Sugar Hill prior to pandemic... or when they were ordered.

Mark
10-28-2021, 09:55 AM
Are you talking about Sugarhill jugs that have been custom printed with your design/artwork or with generic design/artwork?

I looked into transitioning to Sugar Hill this summer as the Ampak availability became uncertain. Fortunately that didn't play out and I have been able to get Ampak.

I use custom stickers on blank jugs. Sugar Hill blanks are available but I was told by Sugar Hill that they were not taking any more custom printing accounts for the time being, and generic jugs, depending upon the design or printing, were months out.

So, what people are saying about obtaining jugs likely depends on exactly what product they are using and referring to.... and if they have had an account with Sugar Hill prior to pandemic... or when they were ordered.

December 2020 silk screened custom jugs, 11 year customer. Now they say another month due to the lack of workers. I guess this is a thing to come for everything in the future.

I will have to switch over to labels for the next order. Too much manual labor putting 3 colors on each jug. With the labels they are just run through an assembly line.

fred
10-28-2021, 06:53 PM
We have orders in through jan of '23 as they are currently at 12 1/2 months. We have a load coming for oct'21 which was ordered dec 5th '20. Due to be delivered after thanksgiving.