PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre lifters

Kh7722
06-10-2021, 06:22 PM
Hey All,
Has anyone used the Lapierre sap canister lifters that rin on vacuum alone? I have a couple hundred taps in 2 areas i want to add and wondering how well they work. Need to go up 10’-12’.
Not looking for advice on other solutions just asking about the lapierre lifters
Thanks
Kevin

DrTimPerkins
06-14-2021, 09:19 AM
We've not used them, but have visited a few sites where they were in the operation. Seemed to work well and the producers using them liked them. Your best bet might be to chat with your local Lapierre Equipment dealer.

Kh7722
06-14-2021, 05:32 PM
Thanks Dr Tim. I will have to look into the dealers. Maybe i will try them and share the results
Kevin

johnallin
06-16-2021, 06:23 AM
Kevin
Is it the same as the CDL lifter I use over here. All vacuum power and lifts 18' +
Fred and Matt set it up - works like a champ. I can send a video of mine running
https://www.cdlusa.com/produits/sap-lifters/

christopherh
06-17-2021, 02:15 PM
John, could you send me your video? (Chrs64@icloud.com) Do you lose any vacuum running this system? I have any area where this might be an answer. Thanks!

johnallin
06-17-2021, 04:52 PM
John, could you send me your video? (Chrs64@icloud.com) Do you lose any vacuum running this system? I have any area where this might be an answer. Thanks!

Chris. Sent the video over. It works very well for me.
Don’t think there’s much vacuum lost at all.
I’m lifting about 18 ft.

fred
06-17-2021, 05:24 PM
chris it uses some cfm and there is minimal loss, barely a tick. no way to get around that.

DrTimPerkins
06-20-2021, 08:00 PM
chris it uses some cfm and there is minimal loss, barely a tick. no way to get around that.

Yup, those Laws of Thermodynamics will get you every time. :lol:

In case you've forgotten your high school physics and miss that reference, the total amount of energy in the system remains constant. So if you convert pressure potential (vacuum) to lift sap uphill (against the gravity potential), the amount of energy in terms of vacuum will be reduced so they total energy remains the same.

In even simpler terms....you can't get something for nothing.

TapTapTap
06-21-2021, 05:24 PM
Yup, those Laws of Thermodynamics will get you every time. :lol:

In case you've forgotten your high school physics and miss that reference, the total amount of energy in the system remains constant. So if you convert pressure potential (vacuum) to lift sap uphill (against the gravity potential), the amount of energy in terms of vacuum will be reduced so they total energy remains the same.

In even simpler terms....you can't get something for nothing.

Yup PV=nRT. It's amazing how some things stick in your head.

But I assume these lifters isolate the vacuum on the bush side through the canister valves so that the drop in the bush is negligible and then the vacuum is restored in the canister before the valves are opened to throughput the vacuum.. Unlike a sap ladder which is a direct reduction on the vacuum beyond the ladder
Ken