PDA

View Full Version : Syrup pump

Kh7722
05-30-2021, 09:08 PM
Hey all,
Does anyone know of a syrup pump that can drain a drum of syrup quickly?
I would prefer electric since i am set up that way already and dont want to listen to a compressor.
And by quickly i mean empty a drum in a few minutes, I understand that it may be pricey and a filter press wont cut it.
Thanks
Kevin

johnallin
05-30-2021, 10:26 PM
Kevin, guessing it's allready filtered and your transferring it to your bottler. How about just using gravity...raise it up above and just pull a plug?

Kh7722
05-30-2021, 10:34 PM
Kevin, guessing it's allready filtered and your transferring it to your bottler. How about just using gravity...raise it up above and just pull a plug?

John,
I do alot of transferring from drum to drum, and back again. (I get bored easily). 40 gallon drums are to heavy to lift for the gravity as mentioned. Im setting up a new system that will hopefully allow me to continuously fill my flat pan that i use for reheating, then it goes through filter press into canner so i would need a pump on inlet and outlet side if that makes sense. Also will use pump for blending and general draining of drums.
Kevin

maple flats
06-01-2021, 07:07 AM
I use my air diaphragm pump, but the air compressor is in my shop about 80' away. I ran a line underground when I ran the electric. The pumping speed is very temperature dependent, in summer it takes maybe 25-30 munites, in winter I have to use a heater band on the drum to warm it of pumping can take hours. I use a silicone band with a heater in it and thermostatically controlled. Just search barrel heaters and you will get lots of options, mine is a single band and is 1500 watts.

Brian
06-02-2021, 07:44 PM
I use the pump from leader https://bascommaple.com/products/dairdis?_pos=6&_sid=3ffe0d460&_ss=r Works great but rember don't go above 20 psi on air pressure. It work inthe cold too just alittle slower and the air compressor don't run much!!!