PDA

View Full Version : Spring Equipment Discounts

Father & Son
04-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Just got the April edition of The Maple News and didn’t notice any spring discounts from the major manufacturers or is it still too early?

collinsmapleman2012
04-23-2021, 07:22 AM
they really haven't advertised much this year, kind of strange because usually you get 100 different things about it.
but i know lapierre is 10%, leader is 10-15%, and h20 is 25% discount. just from what i've seen getting prices lately.

ecp
04-23-2021, 07:43 AM
Grimm and CDL have there usual discounts from what I see. If feels like the discounts used to be larger, but honestly if you buy in bulk any time of the year you can usually get the extra discount anyways.

bill m
04-23-2021, 07:51 AM
ecp, Where are you buying from that they give you a discount for buying in bulk? How much do you have to buy for it to be considered a bulk purchase? I have been at this for 42 years and in that time the only times I have only seen a discount is during the spring and maybe once in a while in the fall.

ecp
04-23-2021, 12:59 PM
ecp, Where are you buying from that they give you a discount for buying in bulk? How much do you have to buy for it to be considered a bulk purchase? I have been at this for 42 years and in that time the only times I have only seen a discount is during the spring and maybe once in a while in the fall.

I'm in northern Vermont so I go to the cooperate (if you want to call it that) stores not the re-sellers. In general any supplier will get you open house prices if you push on them a little. Everyone thinks of a bulk purchase a little differently, but as an example instead of buying say 10 roles of tubing if you bought 2 pallets or 5 pallets of tubing it is going to be the same price as open house. Same rule applies pretty much across the board they give better discounts for volume (equipment is a little different but you can still get almost the same price by talking to your salesman). CDL even has a general volume discount based on the producers size so I am sure some of the big guys out there don't even bother with open house at all other than the free shirts and lunch.

fred
04-23-2021, 01:40 PM
Cdl is doing 10% on everything and another 5% on stainless equipment. Now through may 7th 15% off everything in stock.

GeneralStark
04-30-2021, 03:28 PM
I'm in northern Vermont so I go to the cooperate (if you want to call it that) stores not the re-sellers.

Same here. I work in St. Albans so I have been going direct to the CDL store there for years. When I was shopping for a new evap. and other equipment they gave me a discount given the total amount of $$$ I wanted to give them for 30K plus worth of equipment and to this day they still honor that discount on everything I purchase from them, even at my local store. I have always gotten the sense that you had to spend a significant amount of money at once to get the special discount outside of the may sale but there probably isn't a hard fast rule on this. It certainly keeps me going back to them though...