PDA

View Full Version : Shurflo end of season clean ?

kvk
04-08-2021, 09:38 PM
Just curious what's the norm at the end of the season. Any recommendations for cleaning ? Run water through or a mix of water and ?

Any thoughts are appreciated
Thanks

DRoseum
04-08-2021, 09:47 PM
I flip my manifold to the exit of the pump head and pump hydrogen peroxide through mine and through all my tubes and let them sit full for at least 24 hrs before flipping it back and sucking them all as dry as possible.

MISugarDaddy
04-09-2021, 04:59 AM
I just run very warm/hot water through each of the pumps for a couple of minutes. As for the lines we run very warm/hot water (above 110 degrees) through all our mainlines and laterals. We put a shutoff on the end of each mainline that we open so each mainline is completely flushed. Then we close the valve and pressurize the mainline before cutting off each lateral. After flushing each lateral individually, we then reconnect it to the mainline so the system is ready for the next season.
Gary

Super Sapper
04-09-2021, 05:47 AM
I run a water bleach solution through mine, take off the suction line and run out what is in the pump and put away for the season.

BAP
04-09-2021, 06:36 AM
I take mine all apart and scrub it good in the kitchen sink with hot water. Take the screws out, pop it apart, separate the 3 different sections, and use a brush to scrub it. Make sure you separate the 2 sections of the diaphragm to clean. Also run a bottle brush in the intake and output ports. You will be amazed at the amount of buildup of scum inside the ports and the diaphragm. I leave it apart until everything is dry before reassemble. Usually takes 10-15 minutes to clean.

mainebackswoodssyrup
04-09-2021, 08:50 AM
We also take ours apart. While apart, we put new diaphragms in so they're new for start of next season. Cheap enough at $20 each.

kvk
04-09-2021, 09:44 PM
Awesome , thanks for all the great info

DrTimPerkins
04-10-2021, 07:47 AM
Best to store them someplace where there will be no ozone generated....so NOT in electrical room or where much electrical machinery is operating. The diaphragms are sensitive to ozone and will break down with exposure.

Ghs57
04-10-2021, 09:13 AM
My main Shurflo (used as a transfer pump) is 6 years old and has pumped many thousands of gallons of sap. I usually take it apart at some point to check out the diaphragm, but it still looks good as new after all this time. You can't beat it for reliability. For cleaning I usually run permeate through at the end of the season, but that's about it.