PDA

View Full Version : Plans for a vacuum filter

pmurph64
04-02-2021, 08:56 AM
I am trying to build a vacuum filter I was wondering if anyone has plans for one of theses systems

4Walls
04-06-2021, 06:06 AM
I just took a video of mine in action for a friend. Will figure out how to send you a copy. Mine is totally home built and works like a charm.

Bgreisch
04-06-2021, 07:42 AM
You should post your video on here or a link to it on you tube. Would love to see it, have been thinking of building one myself.

maple flats
04-06-2021, 10:59 AM
Absolutely, share your successes.

wmick
04-06-2021, 11:22 AM
Gonna hijack with a little question about vacuum filtering... I currently use cone filters, stacking up some liners so I can remove one once in a while, when they start to plug up....
With a vacuum filter, is there a similar trick that people use... to refresh your liners on the fly?
I'm also thinking about switching to vacuum... and have only looked a photos so far... but it looks like changing filters could be a bit of a mess.... especially if its plugged up and not draining the top section quickly...I read on another thread, about filters clogging up after a couple gallons... (is this true? If so, it might not be my solution)

Thanks

Bgreisch
04-06-2021, 12:13 PM
I was thinking that to be able to change a pre filter to not put all of them under the part that will clamp down, maybe have some bigger flat pre filters that you put in that you know you will be removing. I would also think after using it for a while you would have an idea of how much you can put thru before it clogs. I saw a video yesterday in you tube that a guy had the CDL model and only had one pre filter along with the orlon filter but he used DE to help with the filtering and put 8 gallons thru it.
Bryan