PDA

View Full Version : New caps for bottles?

PA mapler
01-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Does anyone know where I can order just bottle caps? I like to can syrup in little glass jugs of various styles and give them to friends and family, and they always show back up at my doorstep all cleaned out ready to fill again!

As long as I sterilize them, I can't see why I can't re-use glass. But I do need new lids to seal them.

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
should be able to buy caps from whoever youm got the orgional bottles from

RICH

plummaple
01-09-2008, 04:14 PM
This company will have all you need. Hope it helps.

www.sks-bottle.com/Caps.html

danno
01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I buy my replacement caps directly from my local maple equiptment distributor. I think I pay 10 cents/cap. I took a quick look at the web site posted - make sure you buy caps with seals so your syrup won't mold after botteling.

220 maple
01-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Beth,
I buy extra caps when needed from my supplier in Salisbury, Pa. I don't know if you are close to Salisbury, Henry B. can help you out if you are.

Mark 220 Maple

PA mapler
01-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys! I think I got that batch of bottles from the Leader catalog, but didn't see replacement caps listed. I'll call them first just to see if they have them, then go from there. The hard part might be trying to figure out what size/thread/whatever they are.

Also, people have returned used tin cans and plastic jugs to me also, but they don't seem very re-usable-friendly. Anybody try it?

Jim Brown
01-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Beth; Brian Ianson in Coudersport(Brydonson farms).our supplier can also help you out. We travel through Warren on our way to Coudersport about once a month.

Jim

PA mapler
01-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Jim- I forgot there was a guy in Coudersport. Does Brydonson Farms have a regular maple-supply store like Spraugue's?