PDA

View Full Version : tubing faling in hot weather.

tcross
03-23-2021, 01:47 PM
Has anyone ever had black water pipe fail/collapse in weather like we've been having. 60's and sunny? i have an 1 1/4" dry line that's goes 600 feet then goes to 1". the **** 1 1/4? is collapsing in a few spots and totally collaped in another. did it two days ago to... but i cut that section out and spliced it with a union. then spray painted it white... and it still collapsed today. i usually get 28 " all the way in the back. it's at 25 now, so not a huge deal, but still very frustrating...!

DrTimPerkins
03-23-2021, 01:54 PM
Yup....it can happen. Darn annoying when it does. This happened in a research section of our woods where there was a gap in the canopy so more sun and because there is no sap that runs through this line to help it stay cool. It is for vacuum only, not for sap, and the level was around 29" Hg.

maple flats
03-23-2021, 07:27 PM
Which pressure rating do you have? You might do better with a higher rated pressure tubing. Another method I've seen used is to get some white latex paint. Put some in an easy to carry bucket, then use rubber gloves and a rag. Dip rag in paint and wipe it on the top half of the pipe. As it becomes a little faint, dip again. This can be done at a medium walking speed.

tcross
03-24-2021, 05:57 AM
i have just hte regular 100 psi tubing. my plan is to replace it firday or saturday a.m with 160 psi and hope that works. the tubing was painted white because it had happened once before in the same general area.... with the same roll of tubing... my guess is a weak/faulty spot in the tubing wall thickness.