PDA

View Full Version : Building an Oil Reclaimer

maplwrks
01-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Has anyone ever made their own oil reclaimer? I would like to flood my vacuum pump this year, and reclaimers are pretty scarce. Any thoughts?
Mike

paul
01-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Mike
you`re more than welcome to come up and take a look at our reclaimer.they look pretty simple, i know they have a baffle in them and the rest is basic, inlet, outlet for exaust, site glass for oil level, filter and a cockpit valve on the bottom so you can bleed off any water that may get into the reclaimer.

We`ll see you on saturday. If you guys need help setting up this saturday give me a buzz.

Paul

royalmaple
01-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Paul-

For those of us not able to make the trip on Saturday... could you post a picture of your reclaimer? I'd like to see what it looks like. If you have the time.

maplwrks
01-08-2008, 07:09 AM
I know that most oil reclaimers have some type of filter media in them to help separate oil and air, and to keep misting down. I was considering using a hydraulic tank that would be used on a wood splitter. My questions would be:
How would I keep foaming and misting of the oil to a minimum, and how big should this tank be?

Mike
01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey Mplwrks, Check with a bulk tank dealer or a farmer who doesn't milk any more......Ive priced them and for around $100 you can pick a used one up......

maplecrest
01-08-2008, 04:36 PM
on the splitter tanks you need to cut a hole and weld a pipe near the top for the exhast. use the fill hole for the exhast to come out, the return line for oil filter to feed pump. put a plug in other hole. the oil will fall out of exhast into oil in tank that is cooling and recirculate thru. need at least a 2.5 or 3 gallon tank. i emailed e/zee milk co. about reclaimers and no one emailed me back

BeeRay Farms
04-29-2019, 12:33 PM
Maple crest,

Did you setup a splitter tank this way? Did it work well?

BradWilson
02-08-2020, 05:14 PM
I've got two of them. Made them from air compressor tanks. Got lots of pics or you're welcome to come to Morrisville and have a look.

BeeRay Farms
02-11-2024, 04:29 PM
If you still have pics can you email to me beerayfarms@gmail.com