PDA

View Full Version : help needed.

MR Electrician
01-06-2008, 10:52 PM
im looking for a square hole saw 2"
does anyone know where i can find one cheap.
thanx dirk

Uncle Tucker
01-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I got me one at Home Depot, It dose the best squares I ever seen!

TapME
01-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Heard they have one in Barrow.

MR Electrician
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I got me one at Home Depot, It dose the best squares I ever seen!
yea i looked at that when i was buying a bucket of blue steam today:confused:

MR Electrician
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Heard they have one in Barrow.
wheely in barrow
im gonna go get me one .

do you happen to have the a dress:rolleyes:

MR Electrician
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
ok i found a square hole saw on e bay
only$200.00
anyone else buy one.

ibby458
02-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Laugh all you want, but yesterday I SAW a lathe attachment that makes square holes! You start with a bored round hole, insert this tool in the lathe and mount the work on the lathe bed. A set of cams drove a triangular cutting bit into each corner (one at a time) and chips out metal until the hole is square. Keep going until it's as big as you want.

Not much connection to Maple, but just an example of "You can do anything, if you want to bad enough".

peacemaker
02-01-2008, 08:28 AM
hey i am a cabinet maker and i can for real drill a sqaure hole 1 inch or anybigger if i drill a few next to each other ... ...mine is Delta

davey
02-01-2008, 09:07 AM
morticing bits will make square holes that are used for anything from cabinent building to post and beam construction of buildings.

MR Electrician
02-01-2008, 09:18 AM
yea but im looking for a "square" holesaw

nice try guys

we pull that one on the apprentices all the time .
you should see the stuff they come back with.

ok next im looking for a left handed square.

peacemaker
02-01-2008, 10:39 AM
ah yup sent a fella from my shop one of those guys by the end of the day u wanted to kill him .. well had it with him and sent him to the lumber yard told him i need a board stretcher said kurt cut a whole house full of door rails to short and we needed to strech them .. so off he goes .. in the office on the phone to call wally at the lubmer yard i says bobs on his way i dont want him back for a while he is gonna ask for a BOARD STRECHER ..and trim gun nails make sure we get the nails but send him all around the yard looking for a board strecher ... 3 hrs later he wlaks in with a board strecher they rig up out of a chain bind clamps and a monkey wrench ... just about hit the floor laughing ... loved that Boy...

MR Electrician
02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
ohh yes the fun we can have at the expense of others
we allways send the apprentices for the wire stretcher.
or left handed drill bit's
my favorite was the long stand or the sky hook.
and dont forget the 2 deg tilt level.

hey anyone have any more to add.:confused:

peacemaker
02-01-2008, 05:59 PM
he shouldnt have cared i was still paying him .. but as a life gaurd on the beach we would send the kids looking for the jetty wrench

royalmaple
02-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Smoke shifters
metric adjustable wrenches

peacemaker
02-01-2008, 08:46 PM
left handed framing gun

thenewguy
02-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Mr. Electrican, those left handed drill bits are awesome...shi$ you not, snap on makes a wicked left hand drill bit/extractor set. when drilling out a broken bolt you rarely need the extractor, just start drilling left hand and usually the bolt will back out on its own!

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
02-01-2008, 09:20 PM
newguy knows what he is talking about they do work good

RICH

ennismaple
02-01-2008, 09:44 PM
yea but im looking for a "square" holesaw

nice try guys

we pull that one on the apprentices all the time .
you should see the stuff they come back with.

ok next im looking for a left handed square.

Been there, bought the t-shirt. I got sent to the truck for a left handed wire stretcher more than once when I was a summer student doing electrical work. It was a good excuse to take a break for ten minutes!

mcmp
02-01-2008, 09:56 PM
im looking for a square hole saw 2"
does anyone know where i can find one cheap.
thanx dirk

Harry Watts designed a drill in 1914 with a patented "full floating chuck" to accommodate his irregular bits. Bits for square, pentagonal, hexagonal and octagonal holes are still sold by the Watts Brothers Tool Works in Wilmerding PA

Go here to understand the principle of how to drill square holes;
http://upper.us.edu/faculty/smith/reuleaux.htm

Paul

Russell Lampron
02-02-2008, 06:38 AM
I need my swing press!

Russ

MR Electrician
02-02-2008, 07:18 AM
yea we got a new one we send the apprentice to the tool crib for the 10k walkdown's
they usually return around noon all tuckered out but a little smarter .:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

3% Solution
02-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Hi guys,
Now this is a true story;
I was putting a new cover on the hose bed one morning and the chief kept pacing around the the truck (he paced constantly anyway). So with all my wisdom I started to talk and swear to myself. Well low and behold he jumps up on the back step and says "What's the matter??"
"Well you know boss you can't get anything now a days that's worth a s@#t, the **** head is on the wrong end of the screw."
So, into his outstreached hand I placed a screw, he looked at it for a couple of minutes and it went sailing by my head and back up stairs he went. Took care of him for the day!!!!
We had fun with that guy!!

Dave

peacemaker
02-02-2008, 08:09 AM
3% are u a fireman or work for a truck company ?

3% Solution
02-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Peacemaker,
I'm a retired firefighter, 22 years.

peacemaker
02-02-2008, 08:26 AM
ran volly for 8 and was emt for 10 all volly was chief once on the sqaud

3% Solution
02-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah pretty interesting career, see a lot of stuff, that's for sure!!!
Still listen to the scanner, gee when the boys go out, I think "man it's going to be cold out there", then go over and turn up the thermostat!!!
Let's not high jack this thread from the guys.
Stay safe!!

Dave

MR Electrician
02-02-2008, 02:11 PM
hey anyone know where i can find a dickfur.