PDA

View Full Version : Candy pouring in molds question

katmike
01-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I have a question about pouring into the molds -

I have never seen the candy machines in action since I use a funnel, but how do they pour? I am curious if there is an adjustment that controls how much goes in each mold... or is it just "eyeballing" the level as with a funnel.

gmcooper
01-05-2008, 09:02 PM
My wife and her niece make all our candy and I supervise from several hundred feet away! You have to just eyeball it for sure, there is a little control to the flow but they keep the mold moving right along filling them. I have learned not to give them pointers while they are making candy. They do a good job with our machine and they have learned a few tricks along the way.

brookledge
01-06-2008, 09:13 PM
My candy machine has a valve on it. All I need to do is turn it on and off.Especially when I need to move the molds around and get more to continue filling.
Keith

katmike
01-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Anyone have a link to a video showing a candy machine in action? Here in the corn belt I can't just drive over to the next sugarhouse.

gmcooper
01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Katmike,

Check with Lamothes in Ct they do a lot of candy making demos ad are really good at teaching. I would think they might have video by now. There are others as well but Lamothes are popular speakers. I don't have thier email right here but someone must.
Mark

Our candy machine does have a shut off valve on it. They usually get the flow where they want and just keep the molds passing under nonstop for the batch.