PDA

View Full Version : 3\16 gravity trouble

O3C
03-02-2021, 07:31 AM
Has anybody had trouble with lines getting vaporlocked ? Was working on lines Saturday and all were running, had bubbles moving clear to the top but some of the lines were not registering any vacuum. Started looking for leaks, some squirrel chews but mostly little slits at the tees and connectors . Went back Monday to finish working on leaks and the lines that didn't have vacuum on Saturday were not running at all. The lines that had vacuum that day were still holding that vacuum and the bubbles were moving, I wouldn't say that they were running hard. Walked the four lines that weren't running and found and fixed leaks, wouldn't run, checked the outlet of the lines and they were open, When I did fix a leak and cut the line, I didn't have sap running out like I did on Saturday. 3 of the lines that are running and three of the non running lines are basically identical, Same north facing slope , average 25 taps, same distance last tap to bottom of the line, new drops last year, new cv taps this year. These are mostly reds, I tell everybody I have the wrong trees on the wrong side of the hill. Also I jumped the gun and tapped the end of January. They were starting to drip and then we got a hard freeze for the next 3 weeks. So when troubleshooting is it pointless to do this unless the sun is out and your getting a good run ? Also, Those leaks at the tees , are they from freezing or my tubing tool? Thanks for any help, Ron