PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to attach releaser to mainline

DocsMapleSyrup
02-25-2021, 10:09 PM
I know there are many ways to connect the releaser to the mainline, but what is the easiest and best way to do it so that the releaser can be removed easily every year?

VT_K9
02-26-2021, 01:14 AM
I would recommend either a Banjo fitting or Union. I am not sure what size pipe you have or what your release can handle.

Our first releaser was set up with 1" pipe and basic fittings adapting it to 1 1/2" PVC to enter the releaser. We had a 1" ball valve to shut of vacuum to the mainline to check for leaks. We had a lot of ice build up. We have since changed and use a 1" barb to 1" MPT into PVC. We have a valve in the 1 1/2" PVC to help reduce the effects of ice.

I would recommend a union as the barb fittings of the Banjo fitting can create a lot of turbulence and effect the transfer of vacuum to the mainline. The union will have an oring you need to keep track of, grease, and likely keep a spare around.

Mike

tcross
02-26-2021, 05:50 AM
i've had unions for the past 4-5 years at my releaser. this year i switched out to banjo fittings. i much prefer the banjo fitting over the union. i often found that if you got even the smallest bit of debris in the union, it would leak. and the **** o rings kept falling on the ground each time i took it apart or moved the releaser for cleaning.