PDA

View Full Version : Be Thankfull

Valley View Sugarhouse
01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I just want everyone to be thankfull for what they have!! As i am sitting here tonight, there is a fire at a farmhouse. This is a farm next door to the sugar orchard I have leased for the past few years. These are true Vermont farmers living in a house passed down from generation to generation, They have nothing but their land and their pride... These are the people that in my opinion made sugaring for all of us.. A hobby for some, and a living for others, If it was not for the farm in the latter days , making and getting poeple hooked on syrup we would all be nothing!!! These are the people that always have a door open to you, hand raised donuts on the table.. The kind of people we all wish we could be!!! We all need to be thankfull for what we have and not dwell on what we wish we had! I am very glad to say that all are healthy and alive, and that if anyone in this world can survive and move on from a disaster like this it will be them..

our greatfull neighbors

our fellow sugarmakers!!

jemsklein
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
im glad everyone is ok the guy down the road from me his barn burnt down in sept 07 and lost all his live stock

3% Solution
01-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Valley View,
I heard Hanover Dispatch toning them and many other departments out to that fire.
I wondered if it was close to you.
Well, if you haven't (and I know you have) you need to go to them and help them!!
As you said, they would come to you!!
Can you give an update on the extent of the fire?
Our prayers are with them.

Dave