PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Copco Oil

Amber Gold
02-16-2021, 09:49 AM
I need to replace the oil for my Atlas Copco pump. Do I need to use the Atlas Copco oil, or is there something else I can use that I can get locally?

Thanks

jbuck
02-25-2021, 09:36 AM
Hi Josh,
I recommend using a synthetic oil of VG100. You can confirm the exact viscosity by looking at the pump manual, or calling MES. I assume you sourced the pump through them.
Oil is extremely critical so I wouldn't skimp on it. Definitely don't go by a generic "equivalent" at tractor supply or anything like that. It's worth the extra money for the good oil that is recommended/required by Atlas Copco.

James

Amber Gold
02-26-2021, 02:39 PM
Thanks James. I wasn't trying to skimp on oil, just trying to avoid the drive there/back to get it. Time is at a premium this time of year.

The jug I have that came with the oil is marked Synthetic VG68...not sure what that means, but it's interesting the manual recommends VG32 oil for my GVS-25 pump...the VG 68 is for bigger pumps.

I called MES, and they only recommend Atlas Copco oil and aren't aware of an equivalent which is good to know.

jbuck
03-01-2021, 12:01 PM
Yep, I'd stick with whatever MES recommends. When I bought a GVS60 from them it came with a gallon of oil which according to Clayton is not the same kind of oil inside the pump from the factory.