PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Plans

BlueMaple
02-15-2021, 11:37 AM
Looks like next will be good sap weather. Anyone else plan to start tapping?

BROWN71
02-15-2021, 03:32 PM
Due to scheduling we tapped this past weekend. Looking at weatherunderground.com we are a week out from the start of good weather for sap running.

Tuckeradams2012
02-15-2021, 07:43 PM
I'm tapping Saturday, I thought it would hold out another week or two but lets get it!

CanterburyMaple
02-16-2021, 08:09 AM
I am tapping my property (~25 trees) today, then I'm out of town for week. Hope there's some sap when I return next Tuesday when it warms up! I'll be tapping my neighbors' properties the last weekend in February as temperatures permit. Need to line up the neighborhood kid-labor!

mainebackswoodssyrup
02-16-2021, 08:40 AM
We'll be tapping at the end of the month. With the snow we have and more likely Friday, it will take at least 3 days of sunny near 40 degrees to wake up our trees. I don't think we'll miss anything next week. We never seem to reach the forecasted highs this time of year when we have good snowpack.

West Sumner Sugar
02-16-2021, 07:30 PM
I am holding out at least another week on our Lewiston taps. Just got those all changed over to check valves yesterday and scoped out some more runs to put in. Sumner drop lines are 1/4 changed. Hoping to get at that this weekend. But we are a few weeks out from tapping up there unless things really warm up.

NhShaun
02-17-2021, 06:13 AM
Just across the Maine border here, I'm planning to wait another week to start tapping as well. The forecasted highs never really seem to reach my woods, neither does the sun.