PDA

View Full Version : Android Sapulator App

UPventrure
01-26-2021, 08:14 AM
I'm not 100% positive where this actually belongs and seeing as its homemade I figured I would drop it here.

First I'll start out by saying I am NOT a developer by trade. That said I spent some time building spread sheets to help with simple math in the sugar house and I eventually learned enough to make it into an app. The app is 100% free and without adds and sorry to the iPhone users but Apple charges a ridiculous amount to us there system and so I wouldn't be able to build a free app on their platform. I will try to make this into a web app that would make it available to iPhone users but I know they have apps that work similarly already available.

So anyone that is interested feel free to give a try leave me some feedback and I can try to improve on it.

The app uses the rule of 86 to calculate batch size based on volume and sugar. You can also calculate volumes with the pan size estimator. This lets users enter their pan size and will solve based on a target volume or depth. The RO Flow Function is used to estimate throughput either on the concentrate or the permeate side. It is uses ounces and seconds so its targeted to the smaller home built setups. The RO Time function well help users estimate the run time on their ROs. There is also a multi batch function that will add multiple batches together and their finished volume based on the rule of 86.

>click>Sapulator App On Google App Store<here< (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=upventure.sapulator2)

maple flats
01-26-2021, 11:08 AM
Just one question, since the rule of 86 has evolved to 87 or even 88, which number do you use?

UPventrure
01-26-2021, 12:36 PM
I used the rule of 86 as that's what I know. I don't know much about the change to 87-88 or the reason behind it. If this is critical I can try to update this to that standard.

4 Paws Sugar Shack
01-26-2021, 04:42 PM
The new rule is 88.2 divided by x ( x is your sugar content). Then minus .32 from the total of x and a quick back figure and presto . I use this formula and it's right on the money. I will be checking out this app, you have grabbed my curiosity with it.