PDA

View Full Version : Gray tubing color - in 5/16

tgormley358
01-23-2021, 08:24 PM
Im looking for 5/16 tubing in either grey color or clear. A neighbor last year complained about the bright green color I was using. Go figure. I think green is nice. I found nothing on Bascoms, one product in grey at Leader but it’s their flex product and my use is lateral lines so I’d prefer semi rigid. Do any of you use gray for color? Where do you find it? Thanks.

christopherh
01-23-2021, 09:24 PM
Lapierre makes a darker grey. It’s good for both laterals and drops. I’ve been using it and like it a lot. H2O makes a darker grey as well.

tgormley358
01-24-2021, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=christopherh;388915]Lapierre makes a darker grey. It’s good for both laterals and drops. I’ve been using it and like it a lot. H2O makes a darker grey as well.

Thanks. I’ll check them out.

DrTimPerkins
01-24-2021, 09:27 AM
We try a variety of different types just to get experience with them and also use different color study for droplines to distinguish different studies (within the same study we always use just one color). About the only thing we've found with grey is that it is very hard to see in the woods which could be good or bad depending. If you're trucking right along, you might walk into it every now and then.

christopherh
01-24-2021, 04:34 PM
If you're trucking right along, you might walk into it every now and then.

Yes! This has happened on more than one occasion!

Arctic Fox
01-25-2021, 09:32 AM
I think DSD Stars sells gray tubing as well. I haven't tried it yet though.