PDA

View Full Version : Lappierre Maple Sap Piston Pump for 1200 feet for Leader 9hp Vacuum Pump

bryan.22
01-20-2021, 08:21 PM
I'm looking into buying a Sap Piston Pump to reach a large Mangrove of 1200 Maple trees down a 40ft decline about 1000ft from my 9hp Airablow Vacuum Pump.

The weather doesn't freeze to all that often here in Western Canada. So I'm not to worried about occaisionally draining the pump for a week or two.

I currently have 3 mainlines connected to a double verical sap releaser:

(3) 1 inch mainlines (Mainline 1) is 600 feet (26 laterals) ( 125 feet average lateral size) (natural slope) (200 taps)
(Mainline 2) is 500 feet (22 laterals) 5/16th inch(100 feet average lateral size) (Natural slope) (25 inch of vacuum) (150 taps)
(Mainline 3) is 700 feet (39 laterals) 5/16th inch (125 feet average lateral size with natural steep slope) (28 inch of Vacuum) (400 taps)

I'd like to add one more mainline with one of the Lappierre Maple Sap piston Pumps.
These require 10 CFM's to function and the Leader Airablow 9hp Vacuum Pump Does 30 CFM's.

How would I set up one of these Piston Pumps?

The Mangrove I am targeting is about 1000 feet from my Releaser and Vacuum Pump....

(we will call the separate releaser for the piston pump: [releaser 2] to differentiate from the double vertical releaser at my pump house...)

Would I have to run a separate mainline to a separate [Releaser 2] 1000 feet away in the Mangrove?

Would the Piston Pump also Require its own Mainline for Vacuum?

Can the piston pump be connected directly to the [Releaser 2] (1000 feet away)?

I have a 90 gallon stainless tank that could be used for the piston pump or i could buy a new plastic one of any size.

Any Advice or product recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

maple flats
01-21-2021, 10:32 AM
You will need to appropriately size the vacuum line for it to work. Cornell (Steve Childs) wrote a tubing notebook that will give you the vacuum loss figures for each size tubing, based on the length of the run. That should help you decide how to do it. Lapierre tech may be able to help too.