PDA

View Full Version : OMG-Once again I'm reminded of why I do this

vtbackyardmaple
12-17-2020, 04:39 PM
I just opened my first bottle of reserve syrup from last year. My wife wanted breakfast for dinner. So I made Chocolate chip panny cakes.
Of course there's pork belly too, but the strawberry infused syrup is OMG to die for. I made it with my garden strawberries. It's like eating maple
chocolate covered strawberries. If I die tonight I'll die with a huge smile on my face-Life is Great! I'm thinking of having maple shots for dessert.
This why we stay up late cleaning and evaporating. Romping through knee deep snow to collect sap. Splitting wood and screaming at the squirrels and deer. Don't get us wrong wildlife... we do love you, but when you mess with our stuff you've crossed the sap line with us.

HillsideMaple
12-18-2020, 11:18 AM
Well spoken. We are down to our reserves also, hoping for good sap runs in the upcoming season. With our first major snow fall this winter over with, the kids are bugging for wax on snow. That sweet taffy like treat rolled off of packed snow and chewed on till you can’t chew no more.
I think the snow gets the excitement going, knowing that sugaring season is right around the corner. If things aren’t ready you better get your butt in gear. “There’s so much to do and so little time” as Willy Wonka would say.
With that being said.....I gotta go!
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy holidays. Enjoy!