PDA

View Full Version : 372xp rebuild advice?

blucoondawg
11-10-2020, 05:18 PM
Anyone rebuilt their 372 and can recommend a place to get parts, and especially a good walkthrough video? I've never done it but I'm sure I'm capable just like to see it done once to know what I'm doing

Jerry Wheelock
11-11-2020, 08:03 PM
YouTube has a few videos for that saw. Most parts are online for them also. Or google nearest dealer parts and kits are available for them.

Z/MAN
11-11-2020, 10:29 PM
I just put a new piston in a Husky 350. A very easy job. Piston ring and wristpin on eBay $25.00 Lots of rebuild videos on YouTube. My cylinder had no grooves just aluminum on the wall. Cleaned it off with some muriatic acid and a Qtip. Just be careful of the fumes, you don't want to breathe that stuff.

Haytapper
03-18-2021, 08:54 AM
I’ve only ever rebuilt stihls, but I’ve had a fair amount of luck on eBay buying kits to rebuild them, but most times they weren’t OEM parts. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. Sounds like it shouldn’t be too bad of a job. Farmertec made some half decent aftermarket parts

ADK_XJ
03-19-2021, 06:49 PM
Check out either Hearth.com or Arborsite.com forums, some real experienced chainsaw enthusiasts over on both of those sites and very helpful. I bought a mint Stihl 400 Magnum off a guy after asking for his help rebuilding another saw...shipped it for free from Oregon.

Anywhoo, just saying they are good people - good luck!

lmathews
04-08-2021, 08:40 PM
www.farmertec.com
Rebuilt many saws using parts from this supplier.