PDA

View Full Version : Custom Bottles

MaplePancakeMan
12-24-2007, 09:02 AM
I was wondering if there was a place where i could put custom writing on my maple syrup bottles. (The plastic kind) My grandfather passed away last Friday and i wanted to pay tribute to the man who inspired me to start sugaring by putting putting something on the bottle and passing it to the family. If anyone knows where i can do this please let me know! Thanks
Steve

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
12-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Contact Sugarhill containers in NH. You can develop your own label and have then print your own jugs ever year or every few years. There is a $ 20 setup fee every time they print you jugs and I have heard it is per jug size. The prices you would get are pretty close to what you could buy them from a dealer for a plain allstate or state specific jug, but it would be your own custom label.

brookledge
12-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Steve
Sugarhill is actually in Mass. New prices as of 1-1-08
Contact Chris at 413-863-2222. I purchase my jugs from there.
The biggest cost is the art work. A screen has to be made for each size container and then the set up charge of $20 per size.
An estimate for art work per size is $140.00 for one color and $250 for two colors. The art work is a one time expense and is then kept on file for subsiquent orders.
The cost for the jugs for one color without XL coating
Gallon $1.737
half G $1.315
qt $.923
pt $.744
half pt$.715

Keith

gmcooper
12-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Keith,

By chance do you know the minimum size order for each size jug. Many years ago I thought I was told a 1,000 units per size. Some one else had unoffically told me since then 10 cases per size.
Mark

ziggy
12-26-2007, 06:51 AM
They will sell you 1 case if you want. The more you buy the more you spread out the $20 setup charge.

maplehound
12-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Isn't it just as easy to have a print shop make a self addhesive label that can be stuck to any bottle. Better yet just make them your self with your computer. Staples, sells all kinds of stickers that can be printed on. I my seld make my own address labels to stick on each bottle and for the glass bottles I use business cards that I designed on my computer that can be folded in half and hung on the bottles with elastic gold band.

brookledge
12-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Mark
Just like Ziggy said they will sell you a minimun of one case. But the art work plus the setup charge and the cost of the jug would be expensive if you were going to do just one case. You could buy a case of blank jugs and put your own label on it but personally I think it looks better when the jug is printed with a design.
Keith

gmcooper
12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Think we are going to stay with the Maine family tradition jugs we have been using for at least one more year. The time is coming for us to make the leap but I think with everything else going up we'll try to hold the line somewhere.
It sure would be nice not to have to put those address labels on every jug.
Mark

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Ron,

Problem with stick on labels is that sugarhill wants almost as much for a plain jug as they do for a jug with a screenprint label on it.

Keith,

My fault, I knew they were in Mass and put NH. Guess I am having a pre-senior moment.

Valley View Sugarhouse
01-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Leader does a screen printed jug (custom) also, they where kind pricy but man where they nice give them a shout and they will give you a quote!!

jemsklein
01-03-2008, 08:52 AM
see my local guy when you do your own bottle you have to order like 100 cases or more of the same bottle

PJwinegar
09-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Contact www.yourengravingshop.com at info@yourengravingshop.com
We laser etch bottles for a very reasonable price. We are a new company, started 2009.

PJwinegar
10-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Check out www.yourengravingshop.com.

http://www.yourengravingshop.com/maple-syrup-bottles/

Type "Maple Digest" in the coupon code area and receive 10% off any orders on glass bottles.

maple flats
10-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I just sent an email to both Bacon and sugarhill to price custom jugs. When I get some numbers I'll share them.