PDA

View Full Version : Taps,Spouts,Spiles - Straighten me out pls

kvk
05-01-2020, 10:57 AM
Just when I think I have a plan for next year, I read some more and get all the info I've collected all Mumbo Jumbo up. With a hobby plan of using roughly 40 - 50 buckets on gravity ( 1 bucket with 1 tube). What kind of spouts should I be looking for ? Check valve ? straight ? angled ?

Sugarmaker
05-01-2020, 03:21 PM
You will not need a check valve type spile for gravity buckets. Get one that works with your bucket. Yes there are a variety to choose from. Your doing great and you have months to work on it!:) I would recommend a 5/16 diameter spout made specifically for a bucket I think you will be the most happy with that.
Regards,
Chris

kvk
05-02-2020, 10:39 PM
Thanks, those are the words I was looking for “specifically for bucket “. Just haven’t seen that.

Besides looking for a Manufacturer sale on all things Maple. I figured buying online was going to be my route. Had some trouble on the CDL site determining what was check valve and what wasn’t from the pictures. Signature Series 3, Smart Spout. The maxflow I believe are for vacuum. From other post CV2 ???

Father & Son
05-03-2020, 11:01 AM
If you’re hanging your bucket on the spout use 5/16 metal tree saver spouts. If you’re setting your buckets on the ground use a 5/16 plastic tree saver spout and a section if flexible tubing. Different dealers call the tubing different names but the flexible tubing is easier to handle. It’s a Ford Chevy thing. Visit a couple of different dealers if you have any close to you, compare what is available, and choose what you like best. Having these supplies in your hand makes the decision easier.

regor0
05-03-2020, 11:11 AM
Thanks, those are the words I was looking for “specifically for bucket “. Just haven’t seen that.

Besides looking for a Manufacturer sale on all things Maple. I figured buying online was going to be my route. Had some trouble on the CDL site determining what was check valve and what wasn’t from the pictures. Signature Series 3, Smart Spout. The maxflow I believe are for vacuum. From other post CV2 ???

CV2, check valve spouts, are made by Leader not CDL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk