PDA

View Full Version : Buying Sap

royalmaple
12-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Anyone in the area looking to sell sap this coming season? Just let me know, I'm in the market to buy this year. Drop me a line and let me know what you have going on so I can prepare for it. 1 gallon or 1000 gallons, small operations welcome.

If you are interested in getting set up, let me know as well and I'll give you some ideas.

Dave Y
12-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Matt, are you expanding? Goin in deep?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
12-20-2007, 09:15 PM
He's bored!

royalmaple
12-20-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm going for the gusto this year. I should have 1000+ down the road this year. I bet there is more, might be close to 1500 on one side of the property I am on now. I'll need a ladder to get over the ski-doo trail, so I am getting everything on the one side before I venture to the other side. Shooting for 1000-1200 down there, then the 200-250 hundred rats here at the house, then maybe 75-100 buckets(if I have time). Actually the trees here are growing and getting better so I can't be too hard on them, in case they are listening.

With the RO, I'm not scared at all. I would really like to have some local guys bring me sap, either when they are in a pinch or if they just don't have time to boil. I'll buy it all and turn it into the sweet stuff.

I just have to finish up this siding job I am on now then the tubing is going in when I have any decent days till its up. Shouldn't take me too long, I got a couple of stages, new wet/dry trunk line to the road from my old tank site in the woods. Set up Electricity, build small pump house, raised tank platform, and I should only need 4 branch mainlines to pick up the taps I am going after this season. There in pretty good concentrated clumps.

Then I got to bring some life to some new contraptions for the sugarbush. I ran lines last year in 30-40 below zero wind chills right up till tapping, I'm hoping that isn't the case this year but I'll do what it takes.

I wish I was bored, stir crazy more like it or just plain foolish I guess.

TapME
12-21-2007, 06:52 AM
wish I lived closer I would take you up on your offer.

royalmaple
12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Lou-

Just run your tubing this way. I'll even hook it up to my vacuum pump, I'm just that kinda guy.

hard maple
12-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Too bad newport N.H. wasn't a little closer
the govner would hook you up with
some of his extra sap....

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
12-21-2007, 07:11 PM
I doubt if the governor even knows how to get sap anymore it has been so long.

hard maple
12-21-2007, 07:17 PM
maybe he'll chime in and tell us exactly how long it's been??????

royalmaple
12-21-2007, 07:22 PM
He's got so much stuff going on now. he's go the RO ready so there won't be a drop to spare laying around over there in claremont.

He's been playing hookey but he's back on the tear, still got some more lines to run on the top of the mountain, but he's pretty much there.

I won't let the cat out of the bag, he can do that on his own, but if his new invention works as planned it is going to be the envy of all. Got a little more testing to do before he can flip the switch. He told me he's got like 300+ hours in it.

TapME
12-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Instead of running the pipe down to you, how about I bring the sap down and you change it to 10% with the magic wand and your assistant RamOna.

royalmaple
12-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Ten come on, take the skirt off and put on some pants.

I'll send you home with a jug in the mid 20's and see how that reacts in your new rig.

TapME
12-21-2007, 07:35 PM
How many of those membranes do you have on her?
Ordering the steal for the arch this week?

royalmaple
12-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I've hijacked my own thread, well that just serves me right.

Two membranes and no steal purchases yet. Got to string some tubing first.

TapME
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Now back to buying sap.
Matt, that was me who is going to order some angle for the new arch, sorry about the question.

royalmaple
04-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Anyone looking to give up on sugaring this year, you better not dump your tanks. I'll take the sap. I don't want to hear of someone dumping 400 gallons of sap cause they were all done and it was a little cloudy. I'll take it.

TapME
04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
If I run out of wood I'll take mine down.

maplwrks
04-08-2008, 06:07 AM
I Agree With Matt. A Lot Of Sugarmakers Don't Want To Make Commercial Syrup, But Have No Problem Selling You Their Sap To Filthy Up Your Rig. If You Don't Need To Pick It Up, It Is Kinda Nice To Just Boil It With No Labor In Getting It To Your Sugarhouse.

royalmaple
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Bring it on, even bring the sweet from you pans before you dump that on the ground.