PDA

View Full Version : Bottles / Jars

Trapper2
03-31-2020, 07:53 AM
I predominately bottle in canning jars or pint and quart syrup bottles. Almost anything I use will cost about $1.00 a jar landed price at my doorstep.
Before I went (bigtime, haha) I would receive enough from family and friends to keep me stocked up. Now I need 300-400 jars and I'm looking for best source. Or at a $1.00 each maybe that's as good as it gets?

Thanks,

Sugarmaker
03-31-2020, 08:06 AM
Thats probably about as good as your going to get on pricing. Your new price can reflect the cost of the containers.
Regards,
Chris

tpathoulas
03-31-2020, 08:21 PM
Look at Burch Bottle out of NY. I bottle in 12.5 oz flasks. I also use these to bottle bbq sauce that I sell. In the quantity I buy they are about $0.80+/- per bottle with a cap that is not included with the bottle, not counting shipping costs. They have a nice selection. I also buy bottles from Roth Sugarbush in Cadott, WI. They have some decent prices and you may be able to drive over and skip shipping costs.

barnbc76
03-31-2020, 08:38 PM
Many of my customers like the look of a clear glass bottle. I get the pint size jugs for something like 2.50 a piece maybe through leader evaporator. I think mason jars are good for low cost option but I think most people would be willing to pay a couple extra dollars for the upgrade. I also love the maple leaf shaped bottles, if you have perfectly filtered syrup then you just can't beat the beauty of one of those bottles. Sure they cost almost $7 each just for the bottle (bunch of sizes) but they make awesome gifts, I usually sell the 1.5pt for $25, and the 1pt for $20. But all that said do what works for you or at the very least do a sample test of a dozen of each and see If you sell them. I found that my customers prefer the smaller bottles so that's what I generally buy more of.