PDA

View Full Version : US sugaring businesses that don't ship to Canada

Galena
03-24-2020, 07:49 AM
Once again I have tried to order a Murphy Compensation Cup online from an American store, and cannot do so as they do not ship to Canada. If anyone here does know of a US supplier who ships to Canada, please PM me ASAP.

My passport has lapsed so I cannot go Stateside to pick up a delivery from Upper NY, and the border is shut anyway. So I am just really annoyed at the moment that I cannot get a piece of equipment that would make things quite a bit easier.

Thanks for letting me rant. Take care everyone.

Sugarmaker
03-24-2020, 07:53 AM
Galena,
Just seems odd that you cant get it shipped direct? I am getting very used to mine, and it is the only tool I used to check and correct density of syrup being made and or canned this season. Hope you can get one of these units.
I assume you called direct to the mfg?
Regards,
Chris

Galena
03-24-2020, 08:04 AM
Chris, I did indeed email Smoky Lake, and other dealers, with regards to this. Haven't heard back from anyone yet. I though Bascom who also carries them might ship to Canada but first of all, their site doesn't even show you how to register for the site in order to be able to buy anything, and even then I still may get that cut lil pop-up notifying me that they only ship to the lower 48.

maple flats
03-24-2020, 08:13 AM
Give Smoky Lake or Bascom a call. If mail is still going across the border I think either will ship. Your card will be charged in US dollars.

Sugarmaker
03-24-2020, 08:16 AM
I agree with Dave, I would call direct to Jim @ SL and hopefully he can get the product to you.
Regards,
Chris

Galena
03-24-2020, 08:20 AM
Give Smoky Lake or Bascom a call. If mail is still going across the border I think either will ship. Your card will be charged in US dollars.

Hey np with paying in USD....it just seems to be a policy all across the board that nope they don't ship to Canuckistan. And we're the ones with the maple leaf on our flag :-/

Sugarmaker
03-24-2020, 08:29 AM
Galena,
So maybe some one in the states could buy it and then send it too you???
I am not up on global trade policies/ rules, or is this just a company policy?
Seems restrictive?
Regards,
Chris

wobbletop
03-24-2020, 08:58 AM
I often use crossborderpickups.ca although they are shut down right now.

It comes pretty close to shipping direct since shipping in the states is so cheap.

Galena
03-24-2020, 09:01 AM
Galena,
So maybe some one in the states could buy it and then send it too you???
I am not up on global trade policies/ rules, or is this just a company policy?
Seems restrictive?
Regards,
Chris

Yeah my thoughts exactly...it seems like it was always company policy, because apparently shipping to Canada is too much of a pain in the butt for them. Only now with global trade barriers it gives them even more reason to say no. And yes very stupidly restrictive I think. The only major Cdn(?) supplier I know of, CDL, formerly Atkinson's, does not sell them.

ETA: Cooke's has just got back to me and offering to ship to Canada. Yay! :-)