PDA

View Full Version : Creature Comfort Worth the Money

SeanD
03-20-2020, 04:38 PM
I sprung for a spout puller and it's my new favorite tool! This thing is worth every penny. It's super light and the reach is fantastic. I didn't break a single CV out of the first 100 or so I've done so far. I flew through the lines and no bloody knuckles! Shouldn't have waited this long to splurge.

https://www.bascommaple.com/item/spral/spouts/

Robert K
03-20-2020, 07:24 PM
Worth there weight, now that I say that mine is aluminum, worth more than there weight !!!

maple flats
03-20-2020, 07:56 PM
That's nice, but being low budget I made my own. I went to Big Lots back when I had 3 employees, and bought 4 cheap "Stanley Wonder Bar" look alikes which back then were $1.88 each. I then used a Dremel tool with a 1/2" sanding sleeve on a mandrel and ground a 1/2" wide slot in on center from the front edge in about 1/2" on the short leg. I think one sanding disk did 2 bars. I have used those to pull taps for 5 or 6 years. I don't break taps, and a quick flip of the tool pops the tap out. The last I looked was last year but I think Big Lots now gets over $3 each for them.

Mead Maple
03-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Flats could you post a pic of this sweet little rig for us when you get a chance. I have one in the garage just waiting to be modded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk