PDA

View Full Version : 2x6 lapierre with raise flue pan

nhdog
03-19-2020, 05:08 PM
looking to up grade this summer and looking at lapierre's 2x6. can't find out to much so far. has anyone any experience with this unit?

maple flats
03-19-2020, 07:07 PM
Do you have specific questions or general ones? While mine is a Thor and not Lapierre, I might be able to answer general questions.
Generally all of the manufacturers produce an excellent product. Lapierre has a bunch of videos online, have you watched any that tell you about the 2x6 you are looking to find info on?

motowbrowne
03-20-2020, 08:46 AM
The wisdom around here used to be that if you are considering a 2x6, you should think long and hard about getting a 2x8 instead. Not much more expensive, little better evaporation rate, little more efficient, little better resale value. That's what I'd look at. Also, since Dave mentioned them, look at Thor. Great rigs for the money.

nhdog
03-20-2020, 04:43 PM
you know i've twice tried to contact thor twice now and have yet to get a response. going to a 2x8 is a little bigger than i need and at my age i doubt i'll want to go bigger i;m happy now where i'm at,

Mead Maple
03-20-2020, 06:10 PM
Flats, I have the direct contact for Barry. Is it ok to post on the public forum or should I private message to give out his number? Was not sure what the rules were in that. I am very happy with my Thor pans (2x8). I went drop flue and happy I did being my first big rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ekrueger
03-21-2020, 07:56 AM
I have the 2x6 classic by Lapierre. I like it, and it has worked great for me. It has a reversible front pan. I had to make some splash shields for the sides of the flue pan because a hard boil had it splattering some out of the pan. I have since made a hood with preheated which also works well. It didn’t come with float box covers, so I made some too. I made a air under and over fire arch. Typical evaporation rate is about 38 gal/hr.

nhdog
03-22-2020, 12:19 PM
Ekrueger.
sounds like your RO and air sure make a difference. i talk to a couple others and they are getting around 23-25 gal. per. like you they seem to be o.k.with their units.
maple flats.
no real questions just looking for general comments from those who have any info. on them. trying to up grade this summer and now the sales are starting i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new one. lapierre does have some videos but none on their on line site for the 2x6 junior.

motorwbrowne.
i'm not looking to go bigger ,just want to cut down the boil time a little. but if i were younger i surly would take a much harder look at a 2x8 like you said

maple flats
03-22-2020, 04:58 PM
Flats, I have the direct contact for Barry. Is it ok to post on the public forum or should I private message to give out his number? Was not sure what the rules were in that. I am very happy with my Thor pans (2x8). I went drop flue and happy I did being my first big rig

I can't answer that, did Barry say anything when he gave you his number? I think you may want to call Barry and ask him. I got mine before Barry was there, I spoke with Arnold Raymond, who also gave me his number but he retired 2 or 3 years ago.

Mead Maple
03-22-2020, 07:05 PM
Ok. I can shoot him a text and ask. As for their customer service they were fantastic, always answer messages/calls. I will ask before posting

Wmmaple
03-26-2020, 10:51 PM
looking to up grade this summer and looking at lapierre's 2x6. can't find out to much so far. has anyone any experience with this unit?

I have a Lapierre classic 2x6 that i'm happy with. Natural draft I was getting 26-28 gallons an hour. I had the same problem Ekrueger with the splash over from the flue pan on a hard boil but the factory steam hood took care of that. With the AUF averaging 30 to 32 gallons per hr with best boil at 36 with dry hardwood split small stoking every 8 mins. The welds on the pans are first class. I also reconfigured the reversible syrup pan so I draw off the back of the pan instead of the front.