PDA

View Full Version : Airblo 151 sucking oil into the moisture trap

gmack
03-18-2020, 04:19 PM
I have an airblo 151 . It is sucking oil from the pump into the moisture trap and won’t build vac . It is making an awful racket . And suggestions https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200318/b035911986072a022e1da0cf73a16d8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maple flats
03-18-2020, 05:26 PM
Explain how that is plumbed. How can it suck oil from the pump into the moisture trap, the moisture trap only gets it's vacuum from the vacuum pump.

maple flats
03-18-2020, 05:32 PM
Is the flapper on the moisture trap flapping? I had 2 times when I hit the off switch by mistake which caused the vacuum pump to run backwards a short while as the vacuum in the system reversed the pump, if the power is turned back on at that time, it ran backwards. I noticed it soon after and turned the pump off, after it quit turning I switched it back on and all was good. Is it possible something similar could have happened? Turning backwards will on a piston pump build a little pressure, thus pushing oil maybe back into the moisture trap.

eagle lake sugar
03-18-2020, 06:17 PM
For a short time I didn't have a check valve between my vac pump and moisture trap. One night after the lines froze, I shut the pump down and when I came back in the a.m. the vacuum remaining in the moisture trap and releaser sucked the oil from the vac. pump into the trap. It doesn't sound like that's your trouble, but I'd put a check valve at the pump inlet anyhow.

TapTapTap
03-18-2020, 07:02 PM
For a short time I didn't have a check valve between my vac pump and moisture trap. One night after the lines froze, I shut the pump down and when I came back in the a.m. the vacuum remaining in the moisture trap and releaser sucked the oil from the vac. pump into the trap. It doesn't sound like that's your trouble, but I'd put a check valve at the pump inlet anyhow.

Now I understand why I have a check valve in that line. It doesn't look like gmack has one.

n8hutch
03-18-2020, 07:28 PM
Are you sure that you dont have a major leak somewhere? My Airablo will make an awful racket ( I think it's the vanes chattering)and you will have no oil flow on your flood (oil dripper) lines if your system is wide open and cant build the slightest amount of vacuum. I would look for an issue at your releaser. Easy way to check is to take cover of moisture trap and engage your safety valve, if you get vacuum then your issue is upstream of the pump.

Potters3
03-20-2020, 10:10 AM
I would pull apart and check the vanes, sounds to me like yours are shot. They are a replaceable wear part. until one breaks off and grenades the whole pump. Mine did two years ago $1400 to replace the pump.

BradWilson
03-21-2020, 09:06 AM
I used to have the same issues when I used cheap rubber valves. Someone turned me onto these brass check valves and they've worked flawlessly. I use them on 2 vane pumps with no issues. I got them from the local plumbing supply company. I also have a mechanical check valve on the bottom of my water trap so that once the vac drops it will empty on its own.

gmack
03-25-2020, 12:47 PM
Thank you for your help . I had a stuck vien .

gmack
03-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Thank you for your help . I did just that and found a vien stuck