PDA

View Full Version : No freeze overnight again

maple flats
03-14-2020, 11:34 AM
Pump is running and I'll have enough to boil this afternoon. Then the forecast calls for a good freeze tonight which should help with the sugar % and turn the trees back on better.

Ghs57
03-14-2020, 01:01 PM
Boy, I hope so. No freeze in 6 days here. Boiling today what I collected the past few days. Going to be a short session.

maple flats
03-14-2020, 07:07 PM
I agree, so far it has been my poorest season in 18 seasons, but the season has not ended yet. There is still hope until the peepers sing.

Mead Maple
03-14-2020, 07:27 PM
Flats, not sure about too many years past but here in VT we have had ideal conditions. When we get two warm days in a row with no freeze they run the whole time. We are looking at twenties tonight and low teens tomorrow night. Hopefully things turn around for you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30AcreWoods
03-14-2020, 09:07 PM
I'm right between all of you (latitude) and if things don't turn around tomorrow/Monday, it will be my worst year ever. If they do turn around, and next week holds to predictions and the buds delay a bit, it could potentially be my best year ever. Up until last night, I thought I was done for the season...but I boiled today and made some really great Dark. Hoping the freezes the next few nights are just what I need! It's like a knife edge...