PDA

View Full Version : Maple Fest Is Closed This Year

Brian
03-13-2020, 08:18 PM
I guess maple fest in Saint Albans is closed.https://www.vermontmaplefestival.com/

fred
03-13-2020, 08:47 PM
The festival up there is a joke anyways. The open houses however is a different story. Not sure about the other companies but as of today cdlusa is still having theirs.

Russell Lampron
03-14-2020, 05:58 AM
The festival up there is a joke anyways. The open houses however is a different story. Not sure about the other companies but as of today cdlusa is still having theirs.

The open houses are more than a month away. Hopefully the panic will be over by then.

BCPP
03-14-2020, 06:46 AM
They closed Bronte Creek Festival as well. We would normally have in excess of 40,000 through during March.

220 maple
03-15-2020, 06:11 AM
Highland Maple Festival in Virginia cancelled, I've been told the second largest in US, Also in the Eastern Panhandle of WV the Potomac Highland's Maple Trail is cancelled, sadly they had buses scheduled to haul visitors to camps and other events and attractions within a Four County region. Oh well maybe next year? Myself and the neighboring camp still are planning on being open at this point, the lead on the Potomac Highland Maple Trail said that private businesses cannot be told they have to close to the public.

Mark 220 Maple

ennismaple
03-20-2020, 04:07 PM
Elmira Maple Festival (80,000 visitors) and Perth Maple Fest (25,000 visitors) are both postponed. They are looking to re-schedule in a few month's time.

Brian
03-20-2020, 04:48 PM
Lapierre cancelled their open house in Swanton.

TapTapTap
03-21-2020, 07:19 AM

A joke? Franklin County Vermont is arguably the maple capital of the entire US with a significant economic impact to the region. The festival is a celebration of the end of another season and involves many producers, suppliers, and fans of our product. The festival involves hard work by its sponsers and volunteers. It might not be for everyone but certainly isn't a joke. Perhaps people should keep disparaging comments to themselves.

fred
03-21-2020, 04:51 PM
vermont is the maple capital now yes. the festival severely lacks entertainment and decent food. the only good thing there is the donut trailer with maple bacon bits. otherwise i go to jeffs or mimmos