PDA

View Full Version : Clorox on Copper

Clarkfield Farms
03-13-2020, 11:46 AM
I searched already...
Anyways, when I got my old copper finishing pan out and went to clean it up last week, I saw splotches all over the outer surfaces and immediately recognized that some disinfecting I was doing in the loft above it during the summer must have dripped down through the floor boards. I was using a fairly strong Clorox solution.

Questions:
- Did this damage the copper? Or the strength of material?
- What is/are the recommended way/s to remedy this?
- Anything else I need be aware?

Nothing was on the interior surface of the pan.

Thanks in advance,
- Tim

maple flats
03-13-2020, 03:16 PM
Tim, interesting question, I will follow along for answers too.
Dave

Clarkfield Farms
03-13-2020, 04:18 PM
Hi Dave! Long time no talk/see, I hope everything is great with you and yours! Are you still doing all the sugar leases or have you scaled back?
Nothing has changed here, the town is still - well, "the Town."

maple flats
03-13-2020, 06:39 PM
I have cut back, only doing at the sugarhouse. The lease where you helped mark the boundary I sold to Mike Weaver, an Amish shed builder and maple farmer, the other lease is idol this year but the landowner says he retires the end of the year and he plans to tap those trees and sell the sap. I will likely get some and Mike Weaver may too. Mike's issue is that he only retails or sells to resellers maybe half of what he produces, the rest he sells bulk and that brings too little so he really doesn't want much if any more. I sell all I used to make, so I can use the extra.