PDA

View Full Version : Sutorbilt legend

Dave Y
12-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know anything about a Sutorbilt Legend vacuum pump? i saw it advertised in the classifieds. Thought I would try to get a little info on this pump before I called about it.

royalmaple
12-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Dave-

http://www.gardnerdenverproducts.com/uploadedFiles/GardnerDenverBrand_(148)/PDF_Folder/Blower_Vacuum/PD_Blower_PDF/PD-SB-L_1st_12-06.pdf

Looks like they max out at 16 inches of vacuum.

Dave Y
12-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Matt ,
Thanks for the link. I dont know why i didnt think of that.
16 " is not enough.

gmcooper
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
I have been using pump from same manufacturer. A bearing finally went and now one shaft is slightly worn. Before that I could run at 17" vac. The pump would handle a few air leaks quite well. Had the booster tank feeze up once and think the vac went to about 22" before i realized we had a problem.
They work well as far as handling moisture. Even had releaser jam once and pumped sap straight thru for a couple hours. Not very profitable but once I cleared the releaser we were back in business. The harder they work/ higher vac. the hotter they run.
Mark

Dave Y
12-14-2007, 04:00 AM
I am going to need a pump that will handle multiple long runs with little effort.
also some thing that i can expand with if you know I mean. I dont think this pum is for me.

Parker
12-14-2007, 04:16 AM
How many taps are you going to put the pump on this season and how many more might you add eventually?? how much vacuum do you want to pull?? I have a couple of rotery vane pumps (18") and I have a lead on a airblo flood (but dont own it yet, looks like that will be expensive, if you are interested I could presue it)

Dave Y
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Parker,
Thanks for the offer. This pump is somewhat close to me that is the only reason I gave it any thought. I would have around 1000 taps on it and I would like to pull as much vacuum as I possibly can. 19"-21" would be great. I problaby wont get vacuum on this bush till next year at the earliest then I plan to have 1500-2000 on it.