PDA

View Full Version : Leader Supreme 2x4 open issues

steve J
03-06-2020, 07:17 PM
Anyone boiling on a supreme 2x4 pan? I continue to have issues with getting syrup to the draw off. The syrup stats in center channel!

ecolbeck
03-07-2020, 11:01 AM
It is my understanding that this is a common problem on small evaporators. One trick is to coax the syrup toward the exit by drawing off unfinished sap and dumping it behind the syrup.

maple flats
03-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Even on my 3x8 boiling 10-12% concentrate that happens sometimes in my 3x3 syrup pan. When it does, I just draw about 2 qts slowly as the temperature gets to about 2 degrees before draw temp and then pour that back into the center section slowly again. That seems to establish the proper gradients and things are good until the next time I reverse the flow.

DrOriginal
03-07-2020, 05:13 PM
Using the same 2x4 supreme pan. I've been having a terrible time getting syrup off it. Starting to wonder if I'm not experiencing the same problem you are. Did you get your pan sweetened yet? About how many gallons did it take? Trying to figure out if it takes a lot more to sweeten this pan compared to my 2x33 pan, or if I'm making syrup in the middle. I did check my temps in the middle channel today and it was lower then the final channel. Are you getting good gph? Haven't seen a huge increase yet over my 2x33.